The Governing Body of St Edmundsbury Primary School is seeking to appoint a new Headteacher from September 2017 or January 2018.
St Edmundsbury CEVA Primary School is a highly-regarded and inclusive school, situated in the vibrant cathedral and market town of Bury St Edmunds in West Suffolk. Full details of the post can be found here,
The school is now the town’s only Church of England Primary School and has a distinctive Christian ethos which is integral to our school life. Governors seek to appoint a dynamic and highly capable headteacher who will inspire, support and lead, building on our existing achievements and consolidating the newly established Upper KS2 provision.
We have dedicated staff, supportive parents and enthusiastic and confident children in an increasingly diverse and expanding school community.
The governors, staff, parents and children are looking for a headteacher who will:
- be an enthusiastic, approachable, innovative person with a proven track-record of excellent classroom practice;
- continue to raise standards of progress and attainment across the school;
- ensure the delivery of a high-quality, broad, balanced and engaging curriculum;
- work collaboratively with all members of staff and the local community to promote a team-work approach throughout the school;
- continue to develop the Christian ethos of the school, showing a demonstrable faith of their own;
- lead by example with energy and creativity, drawing on their own experience and that of those around them;
- excel at strategic planning and have sound financial management skills;
- continue to develop our existing links with local schools and the wider community.
Our School offers
- a committed, supportive and knowledgeable governing body which works closely with the school;
- a commitment to investing in professional development for the head and all staff, to enable the school to continue to aim for the highest standards and to encourage career and personal development for all.
Roll: 264 (as of 30 March 2017)
Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in March 2013, when the school was judged Good. Our June 2014 church inspection (SIAMs report) judged us Outstanding. Both reports can be found on our school website.
Further details and an application pack are available from Headteacher Recruitment
Closing date: noon, Monday 8th May 2017
Interviews: 24th and 25th May 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check