The Cathedral welcomes many visitors in groups and we try to cater to their needs. As a result, all groups (including self guided groups) must pre-book their visit through the Visits and Volunteer Manager. The Cathedral has a busy diary with services and events through the year and by contacting us in advance we can ensure you are able to have the full experience on your visit. A group might number between 10 and 80 people. A range of special packages are available:
2017 Tour Packages and Prices
- Guided tour at £5.00 per person
- Specialist tours at £5.00 per person. Please contact the Visits and Volunteer Manager for details of these specialist tours (eg Stained Glass, The Abbey of St Edmund, Tudor Connections, Reflective pilgrimages)
- Tour, tea/coffee and biscuits at £7.00 per person
- Tour, tea/coffee and cake at £8.00 per person
- Tour, tea/coffee and cream tea at £10.00 per person
(Prices quoted are valid for tours in 2016 and include VAT at 20%).
Tours generally last for one hour, however we can work with your requirements and provide a half an hour tour.
You can book a visit for your group by email or by calling us.
From May to September we also offer daily tours Monday to Saturday at 11 am. Please meet the Guide at the Font.